Our rich Catholic history begins in 1938 with the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany, New York. The first four sisters, who courageously accepted this challenging ministry, staffed the school through its decades of organization and growth. Since that time, St. Francis Xavier School has continued to provide an excellent Catholic education for elementary students throughout Southwest Florida.
Following its first year, the size of the school’s faculty and student enrollment continuously increased. The original four teachers and 68 students in 1938 grew to 11 teachers and 280 students in 1974. Now, we welcome 580+ students in Pre-K 3 through Grade 8 with a staff of about 65. While the school remains in its original location in Fort Myers, the classrooms and buildings have expanded over time to accommodate its growth.